If you are following, you know that my husband and I are expecting our first child in September! On Sunday, we had a co-ed baby shower with the gender reveal. We had it at my family’s farm, it was a bit earlier compared to many baby showers because July and August would be extremely hot. We had a perfect day! We did our reveal with Mr. Softee ice cream truck. We gave him the envelope with the gender and pink and blue sprinkles. All the guests got their ice cream with the color sprinkles of the sex of the baby. We then found the gender when Mr. Softee handed us an ice cream cone with blue sprinkles on it…it’s a boy!! So was I in shock? No, my husband’s family have only been creating boys for the past 47 years! Maybe one day I will change that! Here are some pictures from our Baby in Bloom shower on our family’s farm.
Chicken Parm Zucchini BoatsCourse: Dinner
3 large zucchinis
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb ground chicken
1.5 cups marinara sauce
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
4 leaves of fresh basil
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Slice both ends of zucchini off and discard. Slice zucchini in half, lengthwise, spoon out the seeds in the middle to create a boat.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Drizzle olive oil into medium skillet, heat on medium heat, add onions and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until browned and internal temp of 165 °F. Reduce to low heat.
- Add marinara sauce, fresh basil leaves, and Italian seasoning.
- Let it simmer to remove some of the liquid.
- Spoon out cooked chicken with marinara into zucchini boats.
Bake for 20 min.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle mozzarella cheese and bread crumbs. Bake for 8 more minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Enjoy with a side salad!