Work with me 1:1
One on one nutrition sessions, focusing on your health, lab work, food intake, medical diagnosis, and any health concerns. We will work together to look at the body as a whole with a holistic approach to improve your quality of life. I believe there is no one-size-fits-all diet and will create an individualized plan for you.
Everybody has different needs, which is why a personalized plan is important! I will work with you on a one to one level to create personalized nutrition to fit the needs you have! I look forward to working with you!
You can schedule below at “Request appointment” or email me: Bittnutrition@gmail.com.
I look forward to working with you!
What Insurance Do You Take?
At the present time, Chrissie is preferred providers with Aetna, Cigna, AmeriHealth, Horizon BCBS, Independence Blue Cross. Working on getting UHC.
Are services in-person or Telehealth?
Right now, due to the pandemic, I am only providing telehealth services. Most insurances are covering Telehealth services, some are adding a copay. Check with your insurance.
What happens if you do not participate with my insurance?
In the event that you carry insurance that I am considered “out of network” you will need to pay for your counseling session at the time of service.
I can provide you with a “Superbill” and/or itemized invoice you can submit to your insurance company for possible reimbursement. Reimbursement is based on your policy’s standards. Please call your insurance company to verify how reimbursement works under your current insurance policy.
I can also take payment from HSA cards and credit card payments: $150 for 60 min initial, $150 for 60 min follow up, $75 for 30 min follow up.
What questions should I ask when I call my insurance company?
Do I have nutritional counseling coverage on my insurance plan?
- If the insurance company asks for a CPT code please provide them with the following codes 97802 & 97803. If they say you do not have coverage using those codes NEXT ask them to check your coverage for the following CPT codes: 99401, 99402, 99403 and 99404.
Will my diagnosis be covered?
- If the representative asks for a diagnosis code – please tell them the visit is coded the ICD 10 code: Z71.3
- If they don’t accept Z71.3 then provide them with Z72.4 and see if they will cover that diagnosis instead on your plan.
- If you are overweight, obese, have pre-diabetes, diabetes, hypertension, or high cholesterol you may want to see what your coverage is for these diagnoses as well.
- I always code your visit using preventative coding to maximize the number of visits you receive from your insurance carrier.
How many visits do I have per insurance year?
- Your carrier will let you know how many visits they are willing to cover. Depending on the carrier the number of visits vary from 0 to unlimited depending on medical need.
- Insurance year and calendar year may be different, make sure to ask.
Have I met my deductible?
- In the event you have a deductible I will not be able to initially bill your insurance company directly. Therefore, payment of $150.00 is due at the initial visit and $75.00-$150.00 (30-60 min) is due at each follow up visit.
- I will provide you will the appropriate documentation to submit to your insurance company to show receipt of the services. This will allow you to “pay down” your deductible. Once your deductible has been met and you have nutrition services on your policy, I can then directly bill your insurance company.
Do I have a co-pay for nutritional counseling?
- For most insurance companies I am considered a specialist. Therefore, your specialist co-pay is applicable and is payable at the time of service. This information is often apparent on the front of your actual insurance card. However, often because we bill your insurance with preventative counseling the co-pay is often not applicable. We generally wait for the claim to be processed to determine whether or not you have a co-pay and then charge the credit card you have on file with us the co-pay amount.
Still have questions?
No problem! Email Chrissie at firstname.lastname@example.org