Hi friends!! Thank you for coming to my blog and reading my content. I hope I am able to inspire you to take care of your health with nutritious and delicious food.
I love PF Chang’s chicken lettuce wraps, but do not enjoy the high salt and sugar content with it (per their website: 660 cal, 27g fat, 1820 mg salt, 66g carbs, 27g sugar, 37g protein). So as I always do, I tried to make a healthier lettuce wrap filled with veggies, low salt, lower sugar, while keeping the delicious taste. I like to use veggies that are in season and local, from my family’s farm, but I encourage you to support a local farmer around you. Here are a few veggies that are in season in NJ: peas, asparagus, spinach, beets, radish, and kale (to name a few on our farm).
My husband LOVES them and takes them for leftovers. This recipe has become a weekly meal for us now. Check out the recipe below so you can make them at home and skip the high salt/sugar elsewhere (plus saving money). Did I mention… this recipe takes about 20 minutes to make?! FAST, EASY, HEALTHY, AND DELICIOUS! You can not beat it!
Chicken Lettuce WrapsCourse: Uncategorized
1 pound ground chicken
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup fresh peas
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce OR coconut aminos
1 tsp sesame oil
1.5 tbsp honey (I used garlic infused honey)
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1 head of bibb leaf lettuce
Olive oil spray
Toppings: brown rice, green onions, Sriracha sauce or gochujang sauce, toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a large skillet on high heat, spray pan with olive oil. Add chicken, break into pieces, and cook until brown for about 5 min.
- While the meat is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and pinch of red pepper flakes.
- In the skillet reduce heat to medium, add onion, garlic, chopped red pepper, fresh peas, and ginger. Cook for 3-5 minutes until veggies are soft.
- Pour sauce onto chicken and veggies, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Wash bibb lettuce and dry. Fill the lettuce with the chicken mixture, top with optional toppings.