Anyone else have a cold that has been staying forever? Oh goodness, my husband and I have been sniffling, blowing our noses, and sneezing. I have been drinking Emergen-C and taking my vitamins. My mother in law gave us an essential oil called breathe and it has been so helpful! We are going to put some eucalyptus oil in a shower ball thing to help. If you have any other natural remedies that help you, send them over!
Another way to clear your sinuses = buffalo chicken dip (and jalapeno hummus). Buffalo chicken dip is a popular dish for a super bowl party, along with chili, nachos, wings, hot dogs, sliders, and guacamole.
Here are a few tips to keep this super bowl party a bit healthier:
- Healthier dips: guacamole (see recipe), salsa, and hummus
- Healthier dippers: serving size of tortilla chips (about 7-10 chips), cucumbers (so good with buffalo chicken dip), celery, carrots, red pepper (so good with guac)
- Healthier chili: use ground turkey, add more veggies (like carrots, sweet potatoes), rinse beans
- Make wings in air fryer for same taste
- Fill nachos with veggies, guacamole, salsa, top with Greek yogurt; cut back on cheese and sour cream
- Place food on plate to visualize what you are eating
- Drink water!
Every time we go to a party, my husband makes his buffalo chicken dip. I just took his delicious recipe and made it a bit healthier with Greek yogurt instead of cream cheese and a little less cheese. You will be saving a few calories with the substitutes, which I am sure you will find another football food to fill up those calories. I challenge you to be mindful this super bowl and see if you can make a few healthier decisions from the above list. I am sure you will feel better that night and the next day!
I have to tell you, I did a lunch and learn at work for the Park’s department at my job. So it is mostly men. I made this buffalo chicken dip, hummus and veggies, brought skinny pop, and cocoa dusted almonds. Everyone helped themselves to some goodies.
When I started talking, I told them the buffalo chicken dip was made with Greek yogurt instead of cream cheese. NO LIE this guy spoke up about how good it was and he didn’t even taste the difference! Like YESSSS that is my goal, to provide healthier substitutions that you don’t even realize!
Healthier Buffalo chicken dipCourse: Appetizers
2 cans chicken, water drained (or rotisserie chicken)
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp ranch dressing
1 cup Frank’s Buffalo sauce
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
dippers: celery, carrots, cucumbers, tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °F or use a small crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, add chicken and shred using a fork. Mix all ingredients with shredded chicken, except cheese.
- Place in an 8×8 pan, top with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted (About 20 minutes).
- Dip with your favorite dippers and enjoy your sinuses getting cleared out!