Jersey Fresh Corn, Avocado, Tomato Salad on Grilled Chicken
Corn, Avocado, Tomato Salad on Grilled Chicken
Summer burst in your mouth!
1 ears of corn
1/2 cup grape tomatoes
1/2 lime, juice
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp basil, fresh, sliced (leave some to garnish)
3 chicken breasts
- Heat grill. S&P the chicken. Grill 7-8 minutes on both sides, until internal temp of 165°F.
- As corn is grilling, get the salad ready. Remove the kernels off the cob with a knife or kernel remover.
- Slice grape tomatoes in thirds or halves.
- Cube avocado, best to do it in the skin and remove it with the spoon.
- In a small bowl, mix together apple cider ving, juice from 1/2 lime, olive oil, slice basil, and S&P.
- Add dressing into the vegetable mixture to marinate together.
- Remove chicken from grill, slice.
- To plate you can place salad on the bottom or on top of the chicken. Finish with basil to garnish.
- Enjoy the flavors of summer!
August already? How is this possible? My little nugget is 10 months old and we are still in quarantine. My July accountability group is ending Aug 10, I can’t believe we are 3 weeks into it. I have been enjoying the group so much and look forward to many more in the future!
I continue to see clients from my day job, via zoom and some in person. Some clients have gained 15+ pounds! I preach how I dislike the scale, I have seen too many people go down a depressed-like spiral just because of the numbers… yes that is all it is… just numbers! The scale, once in awhile can be healthy at times, just to see how you are doing with our goals. But it isn’t my favorite. Here are some other ways to identify how you are doing with your nutrition and physical activity:
- How do you feel– increased energy? self-confidence? stress level down?
- How do your clothes fit?
- Have you improved any fitness techniques or increased in weight for exercises or able to run another mile?
- Are you able to eat items and have no guilt or need to do a hard core workout because of it?
- You don’t think about food 24/7, you live your life.
- Women: your menstrual cycle improved or you got pregnant.
- Your sex drive improved!
If you are someone that weighs yourself daily, I encourage you to step away to 1x/month if you want. Think about why you weigh yourself so much, the start with weaning away from it. Start with 1x/week and decrease slowly. It is an obsession for many, but an unnecessary one. When you weigh yourself daily, your weight fluctuates due to many factors: fluid, menstrual cycle, food, sleep, and stress.
Instead of focusing on the scale, your stress level will go down and you will have more time to focus on life and eating the right foods for your body. Gosh I lived too long focusing on the number on the scale or the number on my pants size… let me tell you, it is so relaxing to not focus on them. I have been able to enjoy the little things in life, that I wouldn’t have before because I was down about my number on the scale or pants.
Through that process, I also started to eat healthier and felt more comfortable in my clothes. I only get weighed at the doctors or once in awhile with my scale for work.
If you are able to weigh yourself and it doesn’t effect how you feel, feel free to continue. Once it starts messing with you mentally, trying stepping back and figuring what is the reason behind the scale.
If stepping away from the scale or measuring your health is difficult for you, I would love to work with you to gain that self-confidence back and feel comfortable in your own body. Click here to pick a package that works for you!