I am in shock how fast Christmas got here. My son is two and a half months and I go back to work January 2! Luckily I am going back to 4 days a week, making that an extra day to spend with Bryce. We have had a busy Christmas season so far. Bryce’s first Christmas has been filled with events to get us in the spirit:
- Started with DiDonato’s for their light show, bowling, and mini golf with my husband’s family.
- Terrain Garden Cafe for lunch before checking out the lights at Longwood Gardens.
- Longwood Gardens getting our exercise in while seeing the lights.
- Creamy Acres for their light show with some friends.
- Duffield’s Farm second Christmas Festival where I decorated and hosted it at my family’s farm with Santa, Mrs. Clause, gingerbread cookie decorating, hayride, craft vendors, hot chocolate, and more. It was a beautiful day, I sure was exhausted.
- Peddler’s Village the day after the Christmas Festival.
- Our Crew’s Christmas Party (I made the candy cane caprese board for it—see below)
- West Chester for a Christmas wedding weekend
- This week we are trying to go to Smithville or Philly (Depending on weather)
- This weekend my church’s Christmas services start—come on out to True North!
Some days we are exhausted, but I love this time of year and want to take advantage of being on maternity leave! I am so busy with exploring places that I am slacking in the Christmas gift buying and getting prepared for the day itself. If you are busy but want to bring something cute to a party check out these ideas below to be a hit at your party!
Make sure you keep your health in mind this holiday season. You can still live a healthy lifestyle while not depriving yourself this season with these tips:
- Eat something small before going so you aren’t starving
- Have a small portion of a higher calorie/fat/sugar/salt item— try taking 2-3 bites to satisfy those taste buds
- Use a smaller plate (try not to go back for seconds)
- Fill your plate correctly:
- 1st: veggies
- 2nd: fruit
- 3rd: protein
- 4th: starch
- 5th: sweets
- Skip the items you can get anytime of the year and enjoy the items you only get during the holidays (my fav are the cinnamon buns at brunch)
- Stay active with the fam or do a quick 30 minute workout in the morning
- Bring the healthier dish
- Be nice to yourself with positive self talk. Eating healthy then beating yourself up will do worse on your body than those cookies!
- Enjoy your time with the people you love!
Candy Cane Caprese Board
- Balsamic glaze
Mediterranean Veggie Tray
- Raw tomatoes
- Raw Cucumbers
- Roasted mushrooms, brussles, zucchini, peppers
- Pancakes (homemade or frozen)
- sauteed apples with cinnamon
- candied walnuts
- whip cream
- chocolate chips
- pomegrante seeds
- maple syrup
Avocado Toast Board
- Whole grain toast
- Avocado slices or mashed
- everything but the bagel seasoning
- hot sauce
- balsamic glaze
I would love to see what you create or if you use any of these board ideas!
Just tag me on instagram!