Simple French Toast
When I was a kid, my dad would wake me up early so we could make breakfast in bed for my mom. I can remember mostly eggs, toast, and fruit on the side. Sometimes our homegrown strawberries weren’t ready yet, so he would go search the field for a few. It was always a special tradition with my dad and I. Now that I don’t live with them, I treat myself to a delicious breakfast [in the kitchen]. Instead of breakfast, I will cook my mom (and mother-in-law) dinner this year.
Next year will be my first Mother’s Day. I don’t expect anything special. I believe everyday is mother’s day, since mommas do so much. I will be going back full time, meaning work, house work, cooking, cleaning, laundry, and taking care of the little one. I am fortunate to have an amazing husband that cleans, cooks, does the laundry, house work, and is amazing with kids. I am not sure how I would keep my sanity if my husband wasn’t so helpful. I am a bit nervous about all that comes with being a mom, but I hear so many good things as well! Either way this baby will be here in 20 weeks!!
If you enjoy making breakfast for your momma [or yourself], here is a simple french toast recipe!
Simple French Toast
2 pieces of bread (any type)
2 tbsp milk
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix the egg, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together.
- Let bread soak in egg mixture for a minute.
- Heat skillet on medium heat, spray with oil.
- Place the egg mixture covered bread on the hot skillet.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Jersey Fresh Duffield’s Strawberries, powdered sugar, and syrup.
- Enjoy and happy mother’s day!
- ** If you have extra egg mixture, don’t waste it, scramble it up to extra protein! **
I also realize that mother’s day can be a difficult day for some, whether they have lost their mom, don’t have a relationship with their mom, or having trouble becoming a mother. Mother’s day doesn’t have to be about being a biological mother. If you mentor someone, have nieces and nephews, are a guardian, or a Godly mother for others, this day is for you as well.